The North Eastern Universities Purchasing Consortium Ltd (NEUPC) is a not-for profit professional buying organisation, owned by our members and working for our members. Established to deliver and manage a wide range of collaborative framework agreements designed to maximise third party expenditure. As a non-profit making operation our sole motivation is to maximise our member’s resources and that of the wider public sector.
Although we originally were set up to support procurement within the higher education sector, our membership has expanded to include colleges, schools, charities and other public sector organisations.
Key Benefits of Membership:
- NEUPC members have access to an ever widening range of essential goods and service from over 100 collaborative arrangements. Our members channelled £222 million spend through these agreements during 2015/16, delivering £23 million in cash benefits.
- Full and associate members experience unique high quality procurement support, facilitated by access to a dedicated account manager.
- As a not-for-profit company, we are able to offer a competitive daily rate on our Procurement Shared Services programme. This is a low-cost and low-risk option, with support individually tailored to your needs.
- Access to our CIPS Study Centre: Full and associate members can now study CIPS qualifications through NEUPC, receiving discounted rates on our blended and distance learning for levels 3-5.
- Our clients receive an annual personalised benefits statement detailing; agreements used, suppliers, spend and benefits.
- Our agreements save you time, money and resources because you do not need to develop a full EU tender, also reducing the risk of litigation related to EU law.
- We operate category groups comprising procurement and technical experts from across our membership to develop a contracting programme. This aligns NEUPC and institution resources to areas of strategic and operational importance to the client community.
Which level of membership?
If you are a UK Higher Education Institution, you may be able to become a full member of NEUPC, which means in addition to the benefits outlined above you will have full voting rights to help shape the direction of our work.
If you are a school, college, charitable institution, council, charity or other public sector organisation, there are two options available to you:
Associate Member: As an Associate Member you have full access to all of our agreements and will be appointed a dedicated Account Manager. Our account managers are our category managers and will be able to ensure members obtain value from their membership and will be able to advise on procurement related matters. On joining NEUPC we will carry out a review of spend and make recommendations where better value can be obtained.
Affiliate Member: This level of membership is aimed at public sector organisations only requiring access to a few agreements. As an Affiliate member you can choose up to access up to 3 agreements. You don’t need to name all three at the point of joining us, most affiliates join with one framework in mind and then access the others at a later date. Whilst NEUPC can provide framework advice and guidance, our account management service is for associate and full members of the consortium.
How do I join?
For more information on becoming a member, or to request an application form, please email Amanda Snowdon, Marketing Manager.