Training on the Modern Slavery Act legislation at NEUPC
Bookings are now open for a Leeds-based HEPA training course on the new Modern Slavery Act legislation. At just £95 this half-day course at our NEUPC offices will help you understand the social and human rights risks in the HE supply chain, and reduce the likelihood that you'll fall foul of the new Act.
The course is aimed at Finance Directors, Procurement Managers, your teams, and anyone else in an institution with a responsibility for or interest in the topic. The course will enable delegates to:
- understand the social risks in their supply chain
- have an overview of specific risks in particular industries relevant to the higher education sector
- know the developing international framework on business and human rights and the specific obligations of states to protect human rights in their commercial activities
- have an in depth understanding of the Modern Slavery Act and the obligations it poses for their institution
- acquire the necessary skills to draft the Modern Slavery Statement.
Spaces are limited. However, HEPA has advised it will run further sessions if there is demand.
If bookings are full, please register your interest and we will contact you to see if we can arrange an alternative.
Publication date: 7 March 2016
Click to book on the course in Leeds