NEUPC is the FIRST and ONLY UKUPC Higher Education consortium to be approved as a Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Study Centre, meaning we can deliver high quality, competitively priced CIPS qualifications to members of the UK universities purchasing consortia.
Our courses are unique as they are contextualised within the HE sector, with training delivered through either virtual or distance learning. Our MCIPS-qualified tutors share their extensive HE sector backgrounds and provide dedicated support to our students.
NEUPC has been a CIPS study centre since 2016 and is unique amongst university consortia in having staff dedicated to developing procurement skills in member employees. Continued successful pass rates and positive feedback have recently seen NEUPC retain its CIPS Study Centre status for the 2023/24 academic year.
If you are interested in finding out more about CIPS, the apprenticeship scheme, how to apply, or advice on speaking to your manager? You can contact our CIPS Centre Manager Rachel Lunn, or download the following:
What is distance and virtual learning?
- Distance learning is largely self-study with NEUPC-supplied resources, including CIPS study guides, CIPS e-learning and slide packs for each module, and the advantage of on-request tutor support through email, phone, and online meetings.
- Virtual learning provides a mixture of taught workshops and webinars supported by CIPS study guides, slide packs, homework activities and revision materials, and tutor support.
What are the benefits of having CIPS?
- CIPS is a globally recognised qualification that can boost your career opportunities and demonstrates to employers your commitment to being a better procurement professional.
- We currently offer three professional qualifications to enable you to progress your career and give yourself that competitive edge.
How can your course help me in the HE sector?
- We have contextualised the modules in order to make them relevant to higher education.
- You will have support from tutors who are themselves procurement professionals who have extensive experience within the sector and understand how to use CIPS tools and apply them to the real world.
Is there any funding available to undertake CIPS?
- The CIPS Level 4 Advanced Diploma is available for funding via your institution’s apprenticeship levy account as part of a Level 4 Procurement Apprenticeship.